Public Health Officer/Division of Health Administrator
PUBLIC HEALTH OFFICER/DIVISION OF HEALTH ADMINISTRATOR
I. Position Summary.
This is a full-time management position within the Columbia County Department of Health & Human Services, located in Portage, WI.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities.
1. Implementation of policies and programs consistent with Wisconsin Administrative Code DHS 140
2. Coordinate implementation of disease management/wellness systems under the direction of the Columbia County Health & Human Services Director
3. Plan and coordinate division budget of Public Health and WIC services, all division functions, and, staff recruitment, development, and retention
4. Assist the Columbia County Board of Health and Human Services in formulation of public health policies
5. Promote and protect the health and safety of the people of Columbia County
6. Promote and coordinate intra-agency linkages and program planning
7. Establish and maintain a positive work environment
8. Insure quality public health services, and maintenance of standards
III. Knowledge, Skills, Licensure and Experience Required.
1. Educational requirements:
Graduate from a four (4) year National League of Nursing approved college program and a Masters Degree preferably in Community Health Nursing or Public Health Administration, and two (2) years supervision experience in Public Health, OR
Graduate from a four-year National League of Nursing approved college program preferably working towards a Masters Degree in Community Health Nursing or Public Health Administrations, and three years supervisory experience in public health, OR
Graduation from a four-year approved college program and three years supervisory experience in public administration, health administration, or similar field
2. Knowledge and competence in application of Public Health principles of: Analytics and Assessment, Policy Development/Program Planning, Communication, Cultural Competency, Community Dimensions of Practice, Public Health Sciences, Financial Planning and Management, Leadership and Systems Thinking, and Health Officer 251.06.
3. Knowledge of the use of community health resources
4. Ability to make meaningful observations and oral and written evaluations and reports
5. Ability to exercise leadership coupled with tolerance and understanding, as well as appreciation and respect for the special abilities and skills of others
6. Knowledge of individual, family, and community health programs
7. Knowledge of the supervisory process in planning, organizing, and directing the public health programs and staff
8. Ability to work with public and private officials and with the general public
9. Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Wisconsin preferred
10. Valid Wisconsin Driver’s license
11. Expected to maintain liability automobile insurance
12. Materials and equipment used
• Motorized vehicle
• General office equipment
IV. Physical Requirements
1. Frequent bending, lifting, twisting, stretching, squatting, sitting, standing, and walking
2. Visual acuity
3. Ability to hear normal conversation
4. Ability to communicate in a clear manner
5. Good manual dexterity of hands and fingers
6. Able to lift/carry/push/pull at least 40 pounds
The position description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. The intention is to identify major responsibilities and requirements of this position. There may be requests to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated on this description
****Columbia County is currently recruiting for a Public Health Officer/Division of Health Administrator in its Health & Human Services Department. Essential position responsibilities include: Serving in the capacity of Public Health Officer to implement policies and programs consistent with Wisconsin State Public Health Statutes 250-255 and Administrative Code DHS 139, 140, 145, and 160; Plan and coordinate Division of Health budget, including WIC, all division functions, staff recruitment, development, and retention. Minimum qualifications for this position are: Graduate from a four (4) year National League of Nursing approved college program and a Masters Degree preferably in Community Health Nursing or Public Health Administration, and two (2) years supervision experience in Public Health; OR, Graduate from a four-year National League of Nursing approved college program preferably working towards a Masters Degree in Community Health Nursing or Public Health Administrations, and three years supervisory experience in public health; OR, Graduate from a four-year approved college program and three years supervisory experience in public administration, health administration, or similar field. Salary based on experience: $32.163 to $41.356 per hour. All applicants are required to complete a Columbia County employment application, which can be obtained at www.co.columbia.wi.us and returned by Fax: 608-742-9802, Mail: Columbia County Human Resources, 112 E. Edgewater St., Portage, WI, or Email: [email protected] . Position open until filled. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Deadline Note: Open Until Filled