Planning -GIS Technician
This position is responsible to perform technical support related to land use planning, research, documentation, graphic and GIS work for the Community Development Department. This position will assist staff with planning projects, general zoning information management, and maintenance of St. Croix County’s Geographical Information System (GIS).
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Develops reports and technical documents for distribution and presentation to the general public, oversight committees and boards, and other interested parties.
• Participates in public workshops and meetings. Assists in preparation for meetings, answers questions, and records opinions. May facilitate discussions.
• Collects data and maintains databases and other forms of planning division reference information.
• Researches, evaluates, and presents background information and data pertaining to projects, including land use, population, and employment information.
• Records, reviews, and reports opinions expressed by public.
• Creates and updates maps, diagrams, graphs and land use inventories designed for public and internal use.
• Assists in the maintenance of county-wide Geographic Information System data layers.
• Assists in the edit and update of the GIS tax parcel layers using ESRI Parcel Fabric editing procedures.
• Perform spatial analysis to assist the department in developing plans and ordinances.
• Assist with the development and maintenance of ArcGIS Online web mapping applications. .
• Performs site visits as necessary to collect data in the field.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree in GIS, Planning, or other related field.
• Relevant field experience/internship in Planning and/or GIS.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENT
• Visual/Graphic Communications training preferred.
Posting Pay Range: $20.94-$28.19
Posting Expected Pay Range: $20.94-$23.47
Department: Community Development