This position performs skilled mechanical work on trucks and other construction and maintenance equipment according to manufacturing specifications and procedures, maintenance, forms, logs and other instructions.
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Performs preventative maintenance, repairs and services equipment including, but not limited to, trucks, graders, plows, tractors, dozers, excavators, as well as paving, seal-coating, and similar self-propelled equipment.
• Performs preventative maintenance, repairs and services tools and equipment including, but not limited to, mowers, jack hammers, saws, and power tools.
• Repairs equipment using cutting torch, electric welder, and gas welder as required.
• Changes tires on equipment; Repairs damaged/deflated tires as necessary.
• Transports equipment to project sites utilizing various trucks and trailers as needed.
• Maintains cleanliness of shop and working order of shop equipment
• Schedules and performs minor repairs to fuel and lubricant handling equipment; researches and keeps informed on oil ratings and new engine lubricant requirements.
• Operates communications equipment between shop and field personnel to communicate and relay information as necessary; receives telephone and radio calls, determines nature of incident or emergency, and notifies appropriate authorities; communicates and relays information to supervisors and field crews.
• Prepares and inspects winter maintenance equipment – maintains snow plow equipment, cutting edges, and spreaders; and cleans equipment post-storm.
• Performs preventive maintenance on highway equipment, including greasing, changing oil, performing regular thorough cleaning, and minor repairs; maintains snow plow equipment, cutting edges, and spreaders; and cleans equipment post-storm.
• Other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• One-year certificate/diploma from accredited technical school in mechanical-related program.
• Three years’ work experience in repair and rebuilding of construction equipment and machinery, servicing and repairing of gasoline and diesel powered equipment.
• Class A or B CDL must be obtained within 6 months from date of hire. Valid Driver’s License Required upon hire. Must obtain H and N endorsement within 6 months from date of hire.
• Flagger certification preferred.
• HazMat certification preferred.
• Tire certification preferred.
• Appointment will be conditional upon successful completion of the following pre-employment drug test.
Posting Pay Range: $25.70-$34.59
Posting Expected Pay Range: $25.70-$28.80