Open – open and accepting applications
Job Closing Date:
Sunday, July 25, 2021 – 11:00pm
Applications are now being accepted for a full-time INTERIM position of Treasurer in the Lincoln County. This interim position will run through December 2024. To be considered, applicants must complete and submit a Lincoln County Employment Application form.
The position is to administer and coordinate activities relating to the collection and distribution of County Tax and other County monies. The statutory duties of this elected position are set forth I Wisconsin State Statute 59.25. The Interim Treasurer for Lincoln County will be appointed to complete the current term ending December 2024.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Administer all property tax laws, collect real property taxes and complete the annual tax settlement with each of the county’s municipalities. Disburse settlement levies to taxing jurisdictions.
• Invest available county funds in accordance with the guidelines set by the County Board, County’s investment policy, State Statutes and Federal law.
• Collect State and Federal funds. Receipt and disburse all county funds.
• Responsible for administering and implementing statewide programs such as The Lottery and Gaming Credit, Unclaimed funds and the Tax Deed process.
• Balance receipts, prepare daily bank deposits; reconcile bank balances and keep true and accurate records of all receipts/expenditures of county monies.
• Accountable for the safety of bank deposits to the bank.
• Organize and publish legal tax notices as required by law.
• Prepare tax statements as requested. Send notice of delinquent taxes to taxpayers
• Reports to the State Department of Revenue all fines and forfeitures, marriage license fees, dog license fees, probate fees, title transfer fees, sales tax and all occupational taxes.
• Issue Tax certificates and create Sale book.
• Provide real estate tax/property value data to attorneys, lending institutions, real estate brokers, etc.
• Prepare and file all claims for bankruptcy
• Assist the general public and municipal treasurer’s, information regarding real/personal property taxes and lottery credit certification.
• Document, record and distribute to local treasurer’s monies collected for special taxes.
• Annually prepare departmental budget.
This is a full-time, salary (exempt) position starting at $53,123.00. All fulltime employees are eligible for Lincoln County benefit package including health, dental, vision, life, LTD, vacation, sick leave, holiday pay and Wisconsin Retirement System.
Applicants must complete and submit a Lincoln County Employment Application Form. Application forms are available at the Lincoln County Service Center (upper level), 801 N. Sales Street in Merrill, Wisconsin and on the County’s website at www.co.lincoln.wi.us. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER