The Pepin County Highway Department is recruiting for one full time, Highway Worker. This position is responsible for current road maintenance and operating various highway construction equipment and does other related work under the supervision of the Foremen.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plow and shovel snow, sand, and salt roadways, and put up and take down snow fence.
• Patch road surface; crack road joints, etc.
• Grade and gravel road shoulders to repair washouts.
• Pick up litter and trash.
• Clean up and maintain roadside park areas.
• Repair, replace and maintain marker posts and guard rails. Mow right of ways, cut brush.
• Clean drains and culverts.
• Paint and peel posts.
• Flag traffic.
• Operates heavy equipment, such as motor graders, dozers, and multi-axle dump trucks; (desired but no required)
• Must be available for call-in for winter snow and ice removal and other emergency and non-emergency situations.
• Must have a valid Wisconsin Class A, B and C Commercial Driver’s License with air brake, and “N” (tank) endorsement preferred, and good driving record.
Wage scale for this position is dependent on experience and could be eligible for $19.43 – $ 22.21 (Highway Maintenance) or $21.58- $24.66 (Highway Operator) per hour. This is a full-time position scheduled Monday through Thursday with a complete benefit package including Wisconsin Retirement.
Application forms may be obtained at: www.co.pepin.wi.us or by contacting Pepin County personnel Department at 715-672-8704.
Deadline Note: Position will remain open until filled