This position oversees and supervises the work performed by the Facilities Department Technicians and provides support to the Lead Housekeeper as needed; which directly or indirectly affects the projects and maintenance in county buildings.
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Directs and oversees the work of assigned staff. Assists with interviewing and selection of new employees.
• Oversees performance management of staff.
• Operates necessary equipment to ensure projects are completed accurately and efficiently.
• Ensures all activities are carried out in a safe manner; adheres to all County safety regulations; assists co-workers in the safe handling of equipment; ensures equipment is safely operated; ensures all regulations pertaining to the safe use of equipment are understood and followed.
• Reports all accidents to the appropriate authority. Follows all policies for reporting, investigating, and follow-up of equipment incidents, or personal injuries (ensures compliance to County Policies). May investigate incidents as assigned.
• Provides support to assigned crew and acts as a resource for alternatives and suggestions. Makes critical decisions affecting the outcome of the assigned work and project completion.
• Communicates status and concerns of projects, assignments and crew members to Facilities Project Manager and Director.
• Prepares daily work reports utilizing Work Order system, including the materials inventory, cost, status of assigned projects and inspections, crew updates and accidents as necessary and directed by the Facilities Director
• Sets up Safety Barriers/Cones where needed to protect others from hazards and coordinates necessary project operations.
• Assists in ordering parts and equipment as needed in preparation for upcoming assignments and projects.
• Collaborates with outside vendors/customers including some or all of the following: materials and parts vendors, equipment vendors, contractors, utility companies, municipalities, etc.
• Provides training for current and new staff to keep crew abreast of best practices, process improvements, updated regulations and specifications and ensures compliance with the ASHRAE Standards
• On -Call Rotation
• Other duties as needed and assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Associate Degree in HVAC or related field.
• CFM or Pro FM Certification, preferred (must obtain within first year of employment)
• Five years’ experience in a Facilities related position demonstrating expert knowledge, decision making skills and relationship and team building skills.
• Prior supervisory experience preferred.
Full Pay Range: $27.79 – $37.41
Expected Pay Range: $27.79 – $31.14
St. Croix County is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to an individual’s race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.