Purpose of the Position
The Purpose of the Dining Assistant is to assist in food preparation, service, and clean-up for restaurant-style dining at the Sauk County Health Care Center.
** Qualified candidate must be fully vaccinated or have an exemption.
** Average working hours for this position will be between 60-80h every 2 weeks. Mandatory working every other weekend.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Meal preparation for breakfast, lunch and dinner
• Provide meal service for residents
• Assist with inventory control and stocking
• Monitor temperatures of foods and equipment
• Maintain sanitary conditions by regular housekeeping tasks
• Wash dishes for meals, special events and meal preparation
• Interact with resident and families
• Accommodate resident choices
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
• Use computerized charting system (ECS) to monitor correct diets
• And other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to Communicate:
• Descriptive data and information such as regulations, requisitions, slips, dishwasher temperature logs, menus, food preference lists, cleaning charts, admission and discharge slips for residents, diet manuals, cook books, and routine and non-routine correspondence.
• Verbally and in writing with Department personnel, residents, residents’ families, and dietary staff
• Explain, demonstrate, and clarify to others established policies, procedures, and standards
• Computer skills, such as word processing and spreadsheets
• Adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing
Mental ability to:
• Compare, count, differentiate, measure, sort, classify, compute, tabulate, and/or categorize data and/or information.
• Assemble, copy, record, and transcribe data and/or information
• Analyze data and information using established criteria to define consequences and consider and select alternatives
• Apply functional and situational reasoning by exercising judgement, decisiveness, and creativity in everyday routine and non-routine situations
Occasionally unsafe and uncomfortable in respects to temperature variations, odors, toxic agents, noise, and disease
Required Working Hours
Standard working hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am until 4:30 pm. Please note these hours are subject to change and additional hours may be needed or required. Compensation for additional hours beyond normal working hours are subject to applicable state and federal regulations.
Education and Experience Requirements
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
Any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered.