Starting Pay Rate: $15.89/hr.
• Full-time/Great Benefits
• Monday – Friday
• Flexible Afternoon/Evening Hours
Perform a variety of janitorial and custodial tasks to maintain clean and safe buildings and grounds.
These duties represent the typical duties and responsibilities assigned to this position but may not be inclusive of all tasks performed.
• Police public areas and around the outside of the buildings
• Dust mops, sweeps, wet mops, spray buffs floors
• Vacuum clean rugs and carpets
• Scrub and clean restroom fixtures and keep restroom supplied with towels, soap, and other items
• Dust and clean walls, doors, windows, woodwork, and other above floor surfaces
• Dust, clean, and polish furniture
• Clean elevator and stairwells
• Empty office and commons area trash cans
• Clean drinking fountains
• Operate mechanical cleaning equipment
• Replace accessible light bulbs
• Notify maintenance tech of equipment and facilities needing repair or replacement
• Perform related work as required and instructed
• Stripping and refinishing floors
• Scrubbing floors
• Vacuuming or dusting window coverings and window washing
• Wall, vent, radiator washing
• Light fixture washing and vacuuming, waste receptacle washing
• Snow shoveling, plowing, ice removal
• Set up rooms for meetings
• Carpet and rug shampooing
• Move office furniture and equipment
• Vacuum and clean ceiling and air ducts
• Related work as required or instructed
Marginal Duties and Responsibilities: may include the following, other duties may be assigned:
• Required to attend training or staff development activities
• Performs any and all other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
• Provides needed backup to other staff members during periods of absence and during peak workloads as directed
• Responsible for knowledge of department programs to answer general questions, ascertain the appropriate contact within the department or county, or refer to an outside source in an efficient manner
• Attends and participates in staff meetings
• Participates as a team member of the Department to improve efficiency and to cooperatively solve problems
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High School diploma or GED
• Training or experience related to the essential functions of this position beneficial
• Integrity/Honesty – Contributes to maintaining the integrity of the organization; displays high standards of ethical conduct and understands the impact of violating these standards on an organization, self, and others; is trustworthy.
• Quality Customer Service and Community Relations – Anticipates and strives to meet the needs of both internal and external stakeholders (employees, contracted staff, residents, families, and other internal and external clientele). Delivers high-quality services; is committed to continuous improvement. Communicates/Interacts with members of the public and other key stakeholders in a way that elicits positive response and participation, which on occasion, may include interaction either one-on-one or with several stakeholders at one time to present information and/or represent the facility’s interests.
• Accountability – Assumes responsibility for successfully accomplishing work objectives and delivering results; setting high standards of performance for self and others
• Judgment and Decision Making – Makes sound decisions; bases decisions on fact rather than emotion; analyzes problems skillfully; uses logic to reach solutions.
• Self-Management – Organizes and plans for task accomplishment in a way that maximizes efficient performance; establishes and adjusts priorities to ensure timely completion of assigned work/fulfill responsibilities.
• Problem Solving – Anticipates problems; sees how a problem and its solution will affect other areas of operation; gathers information before making decisions; weighs alternatives against objectives and arrives at reasonable decisions; adapts well to changing priorities, deadlines and directions; works to eliminate all processes which do not add value; is willing to take action, even under pressure, criticism or tight deadlines; takes informed risks; recognizes and accurately evaluates the signs of a problem; analyzes current procedures for possible improvements; notifies supervisor of problems in a timely manner.
• Valuing Diversity – Maintains a respectful and positive approach in working with all organization stakeholders and helps create a work environment that embraces and appreciates diversity.
• Flexibility – Is open to change and new information; adapts behavior or work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles; effectively deals with ambiguity.
• Communications – delivers clear, effective communication and takes responsibility for understanding others
• Interpersonal Relations – Develops and maintains effective relationships with others; relates well to people from varied backgrounds and in different situations; shows understanding, courtesy, tact, empathy, concern, and politeness.
Minimum Skills Assessment Requirements: Must be capable of operating a personal computer using word processing, internet and email software and demonstrate applicable level of mechanical aptitude through mechanical aptitude assessment
Certificates/Licenses/Registrations: Requires a valid Wisconsin Drivers license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, walk, stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb and balance, stoop, bend, kneel, talk and hear and smell.
• The employee must be able to lift and carry up to 75 lbs.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision and ability to focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions; extreme cold or extreme heat, risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually very load and appropriate hearing protection is required to be worn in accordance with applicable standards.
Safety: It is the responsibility of every employee of Polk County to know and observe the safety policies and procedures of the County. Each employee is expected to perform their tasks in a safe and efficient manner while using appropriate safety equipment, clothing, and device.