This position provides for the care and security of jurors serving in the court system for St. Croix County; and to provide responsive, courteous and efficient service to County residents and the general public. This position is a sworn judicial appointment.
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Carries out directives from the judge and Clerk of Court regarding duties to be performed during the course of the workday and acts as a liaison at appropriate times between jurors, judges, and attorneys during trial and jury deliberation.
• Provides for basic courtroom security including an attentiveness to court participants and people who are sitting in the courtroom audience, and an on-the-spot check of the jury room, courtroom, bathrooms, lounges, and jury box.
• Upon commencement of a trial, Opens and prepares the jury assembly area and courtroom. Upon completion of a trial, performs trial disposition responsibilities including proper disposal of jurors’ notes, cleaning courtroom and jury room and restocking jury supplies.
• Maintains contact with all jurors during rest breaks or time of deliberations.
• Provides for special needs of the jurors as requested.
• Arranges and coordinates juror meals, transportation of jurors to local restaurants, and, if necessary, housing for the jurors.
• Provides for materials that are needed by the jury which could include pencils, paper, exhibits, and approved written documents.
• Escorts jury members to restrooms, lunchrooms or lounges.
• Accompanies an ill juror to the medical clinic for a physician’s evaluation.
• Secures sequestered jurors in their hotel rooms and arranges for any special needs.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Previous courtroom or law enforcement experience preferred.
• Must be bondable.
• Must successfully pass background investigation.
Full Pay Range: $15.60-$17.84
Expected Pay Range: $15.60-$16.32
Department: Clerk of Courts
St. Croix County is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to an individual’s race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
Deadline Note: Open Until Filled