Assistant Corporation Counsel
Oneida County is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Corporation Counsel. This position serves as an assistant to the Corporation Counsel in the preparation and trial of civil cases in the areas of child support, collection, guardianship, inebriacy, juvenile, mental, paternity, protective placement, zoning and other civil legal matters as well as provides legal services to various County departments and Committees under the direction of the Corporation Counsel.
This full-time position works within the Corporation Counsel’s Office, located at the Courthouse in Rhinelander, Wisconsin. The 2021 salary for this position is $72,106 to $78,287 based on previous experience. Position includes excellent fringe benefit package including health insurance, life insurance, retirement pension plan and generous PTO (Paid Time Off) plan with ability to carryover unused balances into future years.
Qualified candidates should possess the following:
– Membership in the Wisconsin Bar Association.
– Graduation from an accredited school of law.
– Minimum of three years of law experience required.
– Experience in several or all of the following areas of government law is preferred: child support/paternity, collection, guardianship/protective placement, juvenile, mental health/inebriates and zoning.
– Experience in investigation and interviewing desirable.
Complete job description and required Oneida County application are available at www.co.oneida.wi.us. Applicants are required to submit an Oneida County application, writing sample, resume, cover letter and college transcripts to [email protected] or mail to Oneida County LRES, P.O. Box 400, Rhinelander, WI 54501. Deadline to apply is March 25, 2021.