Purpose of Position:
To provide therapy/treatment for individuals, couples, families, and groups with regard to alcohol/drug abuse and dependency. To provide diagnostic, crisis intervention, consultation, evaluation, coordination, monitoring, follow-up, cover intake, and referral services. To provide intervention and prevention services. Evening hours required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily and in a timely manner. The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required or assigned.
Individual, couple, family, and group therapy for children, adolescents, and adults. Includes diagnostic, evaluation, coordination, monitoring, intervention, and referral services:
• Conduct need assessments of client and develop appropriate treatment plan and treatment plan reviews with individuals, couples, families and group therapy for children, adolescents and adults which includes diagnostic, evaluation, coordination, monitoring, intervention, and referral services.
• Assessment of client and coordinate with other agency’s appropriate care and follow-up care of the client.
• Maintain a working relationship with agencies that provide ongoing care of client’s needs.
• Maintain a current list of agencies and support systems and type of services provided.
• Provide intake services on a rotating basis.
Meetings (supervision, program, consultations, staffing, collateral contacts).
• Attend supervision meetings; attend staff meetings; attend meetings for coordination of services to clients.
• Provide information on contract of services with other agencies.
• Complete all documentation for Treatment Plans, Treatment Plan Reviews, Discharge Summaries and other documentation in a timely fashion.
• Complete reports and documentation that is required for the court and other agencies.
• Develop and maintain a current list of community based resources.
• Other prevention services (i.e., community presentations, information and referral, staff training,
individual and/or group prevention services).
• Attend in-services training and staff development activities; attend other training as is deemed necessary to provide services.
Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Human Services, or a related field. Training and education in AODA field. Substance Abuse Counselors certification in good standing with Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services. 3000 hours of supervised counseling experience. Experience in working with adolescent and adult AODA population. Valid driver’s license and access to transportation is required.
Intoxicated Driver Program Assessor Certification.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to understand and follow basic directions; read and communicate effectively both orally and in writing with diverse populations; ability to function as a team member; and understand and work within Federal, State, and local mandates. Ability to: interview, develop therapeutic alliance, make accurate diagnostic evaluations; assess crisis situations; and engage in an ongoing therapy contact to ameliorate problem issues. Ability to manage treatment within the continuum of services available for chemically dependent clients with an emphasis on provision of services in the least restrictive setting. Ability to work independently and make decisions in accordance with Behavioral Health Unit policy and procedures. Ability to plan and implement diverse therapeutic approaches to engage clients who present as resistant to treatment. Ability to effectively utilize and augment a multidisciplinary team approach to treatment. Knowledge of family-based services philosophy. Knowledge of Mental Health and AODA clinical issues; basic social work; psychology principles/theories; community resources; and Chapter 51 and 55. Ability to organize work and develop work procedures with minimum supervision; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with County officials, County administrators County employees, Federal and State agency personnel, AODA Counselors, clients, families, couples, groups, and general public; ability to prepare and maintain records. Must be dependable, tactful, and maintain confidentiality. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages. Must be able to read, write, and understand English.
This work requires the frequent exertion of up to 10 pounds of force and occasional exertion of up to 50 pounds of force; work requires speaking and hearing, repetitive motions, frequently requires standing and reaching with hands and arms and occasionally requires sitting, walking, climbing stairs, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, pushing, pulling and lifting. Work requires close vision, ability to adjust focus, color perception and peripheral vision, vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word and conveying detailed or important instructions to others accurately, loudly or quickly; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels and to receive detailed information through oral communications and/or to make fine distinctions in sound; work requires preparing and analyzing written computer data, operating machines and observing general surroundings and activities.
Evening hours required. Continued education equaling 40 hours every two years.
Ability to work under generally safe and comfortable conditions. There is the potential for threats of physical attack or injury from clients in unusual situations.
Pierce County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the American Disabilities Act, the County will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Deadline Note: Open Until Filled