The Wisconsin Counties Association debuted their video, "A Day in the Life of Counties," on Monday, September 23 at their 2019 WCA Annual Conference in...(read more)
Town of Waukesha, Waukesha County; Photographer: Kris Cook
- County Seat:
- Contact Info:
515 W. Moreland Blvd.
Waukesha, WI 53188
- County Info:
- Waukesha County, created in 1846 from Milwaukee County, is named for the Potawatomi word "waugooshance" which means "little foxes." Located in southeast Wisconsin, the county seat is Waukesha.
- WCA District:
- Land Area:
- 555.6 sq. miles
- 821 ft. at Waukesha; 1,235 ft. at Lapham Hill
- Number Lakes:
- Area in Lakes:
- 15,156 acres (23.68 sq. miles)
- Ashippun, Bark, Fox, Menomonee, Oconomowoc, Scuppernong
- Major Watershed:
- Rock River (West), Fox River (East)
- Geographical Province:
- Eastern Ridges and Lowlands
- East and Northwest: Sugar maple, basswood and elm. Central: A large area of oak savanna. South: A few areas of sugar maple.
- 1930: 52,358