Changing demographics. Millennials. The state’s fiscal health. Birth rates. Job creation. The list of issues that impact the direction and trajectory...(read more)
Baraboo, Sauk County; Photographer: Adam Crowson
- County Seat:
- Contact Info:
515 Oak St.
Baraboo, WI 53913
- County Info:
- Sauk County, created in 1840 as a territorial county, is named for the Sauk Indians. Located in southwest Wisconsin, the county seat is Baraboo.
- WCA District:
- Land Area:
- 837.7 sq. miles
- 894 ft. at Baraboo; 1,593 ft. at Point Sauk
- Number Lakes:
- Area in Lakes:
- 11,004 acres (17.19 sq. miles)
- Baraboo, Little Baraboo, Wisconsin
- Major Watershed:
- Wisconsin River
- Geographical Province:
- Western Upland; Northeast and Southeast Corners: Central Plain
- Wide band of white, black and red oak from northwest corner to central part of the county. South and Northeast: Mostly oak savanna. Southwest, East Central: Small areas of sugar maple, basswood and elm. South Central: Sedge meadow. Along Wisconsin River: Willow, soft maple and ash.
- 1930: 32,030