The Wisconsin Counties Association debuted their video, "A Day in the Life of Counties," on Monday, September 23 at their 2019 WCA Annual Conference in...(read more)
Town of Crivitz, Marinette County; Photographer: Terry McNeill
- County Seat:
- Contact Info:
1926 Hall Ave.
Marinette, WI 54143
- County Info:
- Marinette County, created in 1879 from Oconto County, is named after "Queen" Marinette, a 19th Century trading post owner who was the daughter of a Menominee princess and a French-Canadian trapper. Located in northeast Wisconsin, the county seat is Marinette.
- WCA District:
- North Central
- Land Area:
- 1,402.0 sq. miles
- 598 ft. at Marinette; 1,650 ft. at McCaslin Mountain; 1,410 ft. at Thunder Mountain
- Number Lakes:
- Area in Lakes:
- 13,735 acres (21.46 sq. miles)
- Little Peshtigo, Menominee, Pewmebonwon, Peshtigo, Pike, Rat, Thunder, Wausaukee
- Major Watershed:
- Lake Michigan
- Geographical Province:
- Northwest: Northern Highland; Central: Central Plain; Southeast: Eastern Ridges and Lowlands
- North, Northeast and Southeast: Maple, hemlock and yellow birch. Central: An area of jack pine and prairie grasses with white and red pine in the north and east. North and Central: Small areas of conifer swamp.
- 1930: 33,530