The Wisconsin Counties Association debuted their video, "A Day in the Life of Counties," on Monday, September 23 at their 2019 WCA Annual Conference in...(read more)
Town of Wyalusing, Grant County; Photographer: Steve Kessenich
- County Seat:
- Contact Info:
130 W. Maple St.
Lancaster, WI 53813
- County Info:
- Grant County, created in 1836 as a territorial county, is named after a trader named James Grant. Located in southwest Wisconsin, the county seat is Lancaster.
- WCA District:
- Land Area:
- 1,168 sq. miles
- 1,212 ft. at Mt. Ida (highest); 621 ft. at Cassville (lowest)
- Big Green, Blue, Grant, Little Grant, Little Platte, Mississippi, Platte, Sinisnawa, Wisconsin
- Major Watershed:
- Mississippi River (Northeast), Wisconsin River (Southeast)
- Geographical Province:
- Western Upland
- Central: Oak savanna, prairie bluestem and composites. South Central: Sugar maple, basswood, and elm. Southwest: Willows, soft maple and ash. Along Mississippi River: White, black and red oak.
- 1930: 38,469