The Wisconsin Counties Association debuted their video, "A Day in the Life of Counties," on Monday, September 23 at their 2019 WCA Annual Conference in...(read more)
Armstrong Creek, Forest County; Photographer: Jessica Hubert
- County Seat:
- Contact Info:
200 E. Madison St.
Crandon, WI 54520
- County Info:
- Forest County, created in 1885 from Langlade and Oconto Counties, is named after the dense forest that covered the area when it was first settled. Located in northeast Wisconsin, the county seat is Crandon.
- WCA District:
- North Central
- Land Area:
- 1,014.1 sq. miles
- 1,629 ft. at Crandon; 1,938 ft. at Sugarbush Hill (third highest point in Wisconsin); 1,875 ft. at East Hill
- Number Lakes:
- Area in Lakes:
- 22,531 acres (35.2 sq. miles)
- Lily, Oconto, Peshtigo, Rat, Wolf
- Major Watershed:
- Lake Michigan (East), Wisconsin River (West)
- Geographical Province:
- Northern Highlands; North and East: Lake Superior Lowlands
- Maple, basswood and yellow birch. North Central and East Central: Conifer swamp.
- 1930: 11,118