Staff Prescriber – Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Status: 20 hrs. per week, Non-Exempt
Benefits earned at Full Time Equivalent
Starting Wage: $70.04/hr.
Position Open Until Filled
Please submit Cover Letter & Resume with Application
Under the general direction of the Division Manager and the direct supervision of the Medical Director, the Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner is a prescriber actively involved as a provider of patient care and in the coordination of patient care in order to ensure the smooth progression of the patient’s medical evaluation and treatment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Maintains current, working knowledge of treatment
approaches, medications, and other relevant issues
that pertain to the provision of psychiatric and medical
care in this setting.
• Maintains appropriate licensure and certification including meeting and/or exceeding CME requirements.
• Courteous, honest, and professional at all times.
• Efficient, organized, and accurate.
• Able to work with multi-problem clients and their
• Able to interact effectively and cooperatively with
various disciplines, community agencies, and service
• Meets requirements of the Dodge County Driver
Education and Experience:
Master’s degree in nursing or a related health field from a college or university that obtained accreditation by a regional accreditation agency approved by the Board of Education in the state where the institution is located, or from a program that has received programmatic accreditation by the nationally recognized advanced nursing practice accrediting agencies. Nationally certified as a Nurse Practitioner. Licensed as an Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner specializing in Psychiatry in the State of Wisconsin, and warrants and represents that he/she is sufficiently experienced and competent to perform all principal duties and responsibilities listed above.