MDS/Assistant Director of Nursing – Lafayette County Manor
Job Title: Minimum Data Set (MDS) / Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON)
Reports to: Director of Nursing (DON)
Note: This position offers a $3000 retention bonus, paid quarterly the first year of employment
• Registered Nurse currently licensed by the State of Wisconsin.
• Knowledge of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as Wisconsin and Federal laws, regulations and guidelines pertaining to long term care.
• Knowledge of MDS resident review process, assessments, and Quality Measure Indicators.
• Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid payment sources and their relationship to therapy services.
• Knowledge of computer, software for MDS process, and creation of documents.
• Knowledge of Medicare Benefit Process/RUGS, PDPM scoring in MDS process.
• Knowledge of ICD-10-CM Coding and official guidelines for coding and reporting.
• Excellent communication skills.
The primary purpose of this job is to plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall operation of the Minimum Data Set (MDS) process in accordance with current applicable federal, state, county, and facility regulations, policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the administrator.
• Coordinates all clinical aspects of the Medicare and other resident admission process in regards to MDS.
• Sets ARD date in conjunction with therapy and past medical treatment received.
• Coordinates initial nursing assessments (not necessarily completion of).
• Clinical admission documentation.
• Manage Medicare utilization process correcting, advising or challenging as appropriate.
• Reviews ongoing documentation in the medical record.
• Coordinates all therapy services and therapy minute selection.
• Conducts Medicare utilization reviews including billing in conjunction with the billing department.
• Investigates requests for demand bills and/or denials.
• Coordinates the MDS resident review process and Quality Measure Indicators.
• Completes MDS assessment forms according to Federal guideline timeframes.
• Informs other departments of the MDS completion schedule.
• Enters MDS data into the State/Federal database and prints out appropriate form for the medical record.
• Completes and/or triggers CAA’s for completion by other staff.
• Ensures that nursing/clinical/other departmental documentation in the medical record is timely, complete and accurate and that the various disciplines assessments coincide.
• Monitor resident change in condition data and complete MDS’s as necessary.
• Participate in the resident assessment for admission process.
• Participate in resident discharge planning meetings.
• Participates in the clinical quality assurance initiatives.
• Identify areas in need of improvement according to the flagging areas on the QI report.
• Report to DON.
• Participate on the Quality Assurance Performance Improvement Committee (QAPI).
• Assisting Director of Nursing
• Willing to work beyond normal working hours.
• Commitment to be on call every other weekend and upon absence of DON.
• Assist DON as directed with Nursing Department duties.
• Management of Restorative Program
• Coordination with therapy to determine appropriate programs.
• Review of restorative minutes.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee will also perform other reasonable tasks as assigned by the Supervisor. This document is not intended to imply a written contract of employment.