Master Control Aide
DEPARTMENT: GREEN LAKE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
LOCATION: GOVERNMENT CENTER
SUPERVISOR: CORRECTIONS ADMINISTRATOR
Under the general supervision of the Corrections Administrator maintains and oversees the operations of the master control room of the correctional facility, working a schedule in accordance with the needs of the Sheriff’s Office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (ILLUSTRATIVE AND NOT INCLUSIVE)
• Maintains jail log; performs required data entry.
• Monitors activity of all inmates.
• Operates radio, video and audio recording systems; monitors alarm systems, and door controls.
• Tally’s meal counts.
• Performs other duties, as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with various officials, agencies, co-workers and the general public on a daily basis in a positive manner.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in English.
• Ability to understand, retain and follow written oral instruction in English.
• Thorough knowledge of the operations and requirements of a Sheriff’s Office to ensure efficient and effective operation at all times.
• Ability to react quickly, efficiently and calmly in an emergency situation and adopt an effective course of action.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in all aspects of job functions.
• Working knowledge of County and Sheriff’s Office rules, policies and procedures with the ability and skill to apply them to various situations.
• Computer and typing skills with a minimum of 30 wpm
• Ability to meet department standards of physical condition.
• Ability to act confidentially, performing assignments with accuracy, patience, tact, integrity, use of good discretion and courtesy; ability to exercise good judgment.
• Skill in the use of general office equipment, including but not limited to, computer, all software programs used by the Sheriff’s Office, fax machine, telephone, video and audio recording systems, alarm systems, radio, and audio communications system.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent required. Post high school education preferred.
EXPERIENCE / JOB KNOWLEDGE: Civil or military law enforcement work or any equivalent combination of education or experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities. Must obtain CPR and AED certifications and retain them for term of employment. Visual acuity must be correctable to 20/20.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Approximately 95% of the time is spent sitting, standing, talking, hearing, using near and far vision and medium fingering for typing/data entry. Kneeling, stooping, grappling and crouching are performed about 5% of the time. Other actions may be required in unusual or non-regular situations. The Department reserves the right to assess the medical and physical fitness of each employee’s ability to fully perform the expected duties of the position.
Management’s assignment of essential functions is not designed to limit the manner in which duties may be accomplished. Management shall comply with all applicable workplace laws and shall communicate with any employee with a disability to determine the availability of a reasonable accommodation(s) to allow the employee to perform the essential functions of the job.
ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS: 100% of the time will be inside and will not normally involve physical contact with inmates.