Licensed Practical Nurse – On-Call
This position provides medical care for residents to assure the highest degree of quality resident care is maintained at all times within a safe environment; assists with activities of daily living, offers emotional and social support, and attends residents overall physical comfort and well-being; also provides communication between medical providers, family members, and facility team for coordination of care.
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Assists and participates in development of total care plan of residents with physician, psychiatrist, nurses and allied therapists.
• Participates in providing nursing care for residents.
Assists in rehab programs and bowel and bladder training programs.
• Observes and reports on residents’ physical and mental condition; obtains vital signs.
• Keeps patient records and reports according to policy.
• Provides leadership and directs functions of Certified Nursing Assistants.
• Assists with admissions, discharges, transfers, appointment scheduling.
• Notifies charge nurse of any change in patient condition.
• Investigates and reports any allegations of abuse or care giver misconduct and ensures residents are treated with respect and dignity.
• Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by physician and psychiatrist.
• Contacts medical provider and family of residents related to change of condition or concerns.
• Receives MD orders, makes rounds with MD’s, transcribes orders, and communicates orders to nursing staff and pharmacy.
• Assists in care and monitoring of IV’s per facility policy.
• Monitors and assists residents with psycho-social events.
• Provides support, information or education to residents or family members as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• High School Diploma/equivalent.
• Completion of a practical nursing program.
• Wisconsin Practical Nurse License.
• Previous experience as a CNA or LPN preferred.
• Must successfully pass criminal and caregiver background check.
Posting Pay Range: $19.95-$26.85
Posting Expected Pay Range: $19.95-$22.35
Department: Health and Human Services – Health Care Campus