IT Technology Support Associate
Job Title: IT Technology Support Associate
Pay Range: $23.10 per hour; plus, longevity, if applicable
Department: Lafayette County Information Technology Department
Reports to: Information Technology Director
Hours of Work: Full-time; schedule flexibility between the hours of 6:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday, so long as business needs are met, with occasional evening or weekend hours as required. Flexibility to occasionally work remotely with supervisor approval – high speed internet access is required to meet the needs of remote work.
Date Updated: June 9, 2022
Position Purpose: The primary purpose of this IT Technology Support Associate position is to be the first point of contact for employee technical issues, primarily surrounding individual computers and devices. The IT Technology Support Associate will follow department processes and use defined tools and training to successfully resolve issues and meet our employees’ technology needs. It is expected that most trouble tickets will result in a first-call resolution to our employees as this drives employee satisfaction and efficiency.
The Lafayette County Information Technology Department is headquartered in our offices at 627 Washington Street, Darlington, WI 53530. We offer interesting and meaningful work with an employee-friendly work-life balance, a casual office environment, flexibility, and many opportunities to grow your skills.
Minimally qualified applicants will have the following required qualifications:
• Associates degree or higher (or equivalent experience)
• Experience providing customer support in an IT help desk environment
• Experience identifying and resolving software and hardware problems in an IT support role
• Experience installing and configuring computer workstations according to existing equipment configurations
• Ability to lift and install equipment up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to work in difficult workspaces such as under desks and in cramped network closets where bending, crawling, reaching, or similar may be necessary
• Ability to be fingerprinted according to Criminal Security Information Systems (CJIS) requirements
• Understanding of HIPAA and PII sensitive information and the necessity for confidentiality
Well-qualified applicants will also have any of the following preferred qualifications:
• Experience providing technical support to a large organization (approximately 250+ users)
• Experience in the following areas:
• Desktop systems (Windows 10 and 11)
• Office 365 Exchange online (email, Teams, SharePoint)
• Server Systems up to Server 2022
• Microsoft Active Directory
• Software Applications
• VIOP Phone Systems
• Insisting upon excellence from themselves and are great at following processes and procedures to drive efficiency
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills
• Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly, business-friendly manner
• Proven analytical, problem-solving and documentation skills
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• COMPTIA A+ Certification
• Provide end user support via phone, remote management tools and in-person
• Configure and deploy desktops, laptops, printers, phones and other devices
• Gain knowledge and support other devices specific to law enforcement, jail operations or other departments
• Work with other state agencies and vendor support teams collaboratively to resolve problems
• Work within our Sheriff’s Office and jail operations
• Assist in more advanced duties such as network and system administration, cybersecurity, backup, patch management, CJIS compliance, 911 computer aided dispatch, voice and radio communication systems, law enforcement vehicle camera and body cam systems, and related project deployment and administration duties
• Other duties as assigned
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Reasonable accommodation may be made to all individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.