Application Deadline: Until Filled
Job Type: Full Time
This is a confidential, specialized position in the Vernon County IT Department. This position assists staff with technical support of desktop computers, applications, and related technology. Support includes specification, installation, and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines. Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems. The duties of the position may not be limited to the following duties due to the highly technical nature of maintaining the County Network, and the associated peripheral hardware and software.
Education and Training Requirements:
- Must have an associate degree in computer science, or five years of work experience.
- Ability to arrange and coordinate schedules with ability to plan, organize, and prioritize.
- Considerable knowledge of computer programs, functions, hardware, software, networks, and connections.
- Ability to analyze and categorize data and information in order to determine the relationship of data with reference to established criteria/standards.
- Ability to work in a pleasant and understanding manner with the general public, county officials, co-workers, vendors, etc.
- Considerable knowledge of the departmental/governmental programs, operations, and policies with respect to general functions performed.
- Ability to train others in the use of software and hardware applications, including the ability to act in a lead worker capacity.
- Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems.
The 2021 annual salary range for this full-time (75 hours bi-weekly), non-exempt position is $44,011 to $52,2201. Vernon County’s compensation plan considers annual wage step increases, in additional a new step scale has been put in place for 2022. A comprehensive benefit package is offered to county employees including health insurance, flex spending account, dependent care reimbursement, pension plan, deferred compensation, dental, vision, short-term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, cancer insurance, accident insurance and paid holidays, and paid time off.
Application materials may be found at www.vernoncounty.org under employment opportunities or by contacting Human Resources:
Direct: 608-637-5303 or email: [email protected]