Human Resources Internship
The Human Resources Intern will assist the HR team with strategic and tactical projects related to organizational growth and onboarding, employee engagement, talent acquisition, HR Operations, and many additional Human Resources related topics.
This position will assist with various compliance initiatives including poster updates, job description audits and other general projects that may provide an opportunity to grow meaningful experience in the HR field.
You will gain experience with a Public Sector Government Employer. This is a great opportunity for a student to gain first-hand experience the Human Resources field.
Job Title: Intern-Human Resources
Hours: Part Time/20 hours per week; Monday-Friday
Pay Range: $15.00/hour
Department: Lafayette County Human Resources
Reports to: Human Resources Committee
Date Updated: 9/01/2021
Position Purpose: The purpose of this position is to assist the Human Resources Director and the Payroll Manager with the administration day to day operations with the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Intern will assist and provide support on an array of Human Resources initiatives.
• Currently enrolled in a Human Resources, Business, or related program. Preference on Human Resources Management
• Sophomore year status or higher
• Excellent organizational, leadership, administrative, and communication skills
• Detail Orientated
• Strong problem-solving abilities
• Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality with regard to all personnel and payroll related information
• Positive and collaborative within a team setting
• Highly organized, detail orientated & ability to work with a level of independence
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and initiatives with excellent project planning and execution skills.
• Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite, and Google Applications
• Understanding of FLSA, DOL, and other U.S. Law Laws is a plus
• Provide entry-level professional Human Resources support services
• Support the Employee Experience by answering or escalating employee questions
• Participate in improving procedures and work flows related to Human Resources
• Learn and assist in the development of HR efficiencies
• Help with maintaining employee file system
• Assist with all aspects of the recruiting function including, communication with candidates, screening candidates, coordinating interviews and candidate follow up
• Support in the preparation of new employee onboarding
• Support an array of HR initiatives. Initiatives can span across Recruitment, Benefits/Compensation, Data/Analytics, Employee Relations
• Promote various compliance initiatives including poster updates, job description audits and other general projects
• Assists in the development and improvement of company policies and procedures
• Conduct the Performance Evaluation process ensuring compliance
• Maintain and update the Organizational Chart
• Creation of Training and Development material in regards to a wide variety of Human Resources related topics