Highway Patrol Superintendent
Lincoln County Highway Patrol Superintendent
Applications are now being accepted for a full-time Highway Patrol Superintendent position in the Lincoln County Highway Department. T
We are seeking a strong leader with well-rounded experience to identify and strategize the direction of the department for future success!
The Superintendent position plans, coordinates and supervises various highway construction and maintenance projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Supervise maintenance and repair on State trunk highways and snow removal and salt operations on State trunk highways, County and town roads in the northern part of the County. Maintains an inventory of all state winter maintenance materials.
• Supervises bridge repairs on State bridges according to State specifications.
• Patrols State and County roads on a regular basis to observe work in progress and to determine needed road work or improvements.
• Obtains construction easements on State and County construction projects.
• Responds to emergency calls and complaints.
• Adheres to and promotes safety as a priority in the workplace.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A minimum of a high school degree with technical training in highway construction and maintenance (or related field) combined with 7-10 years related field experience.
Technical or Bachelor’s degree in related field with 5 years field experience preferred.
This is a full-time, salary (exempt) position starting at $57,075.00. All fulltime employees are eligible for Lincoln County benefit package including health, dental, vision, life, LTD, vacation, sick leave, holiday pay and Wisconsin Retirement System.
Applicants must complete and submit a Lincoln County Employment Application Form. Application forms are available at the Lincoln County Service Center (upper level), 801 N. Sales Street in Merrill, Wisconsin and on the County’s website at www.co.lincoln.wi.us. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER