Highway Laborer/Operator/Patrolperson (Slinger Shop)
The Washington County Highway Department, located in West Bend, is currently recruiting a dedicated full-time Highway Laborer. The position will be located in our Slinger Shop. The Highway Department is responsible for the maintenance of approximately 515 lane miles of State Trunk Highway under the direction of the State and the maintenance and construction of approximately 390 lane miles of County Trunk Highway. Under the general supervision of the Patrol Superintendent, the Highway Laborer performs skilled and semi-skilled work involving maintenance, construction and repair of highways, roads, bridges and roadsides. Duties include patrolling highways and roads, removing debris and obstructions, mowing grass and weeds along roadsides, and operating equipment for snow removal, salting under icy conditions.
Winter Schedule – 3rd Shift (November – April): Sunday – Thursday from 10:45 pm – 6:45 am.
Summer Schedule (Four, Ten Hour Days): Monday – Thursday from 6:00 am – 4:00 pm.
We are looking for dedicated, hard working candidates with the desire to serve our great community! Apply today to become a member of our team to enjoy a career that offers great variety, outdoor work, and the opportunity to specialize in specific tasks and equipment operation.
Qualified Candidate must possess:
• High School Diploma or GED equivalency.
• A valid Wisconsin driver’s license with a clear driving record for the past three years.
• A valid Wisconsin Commercial Driver’s License Class A (manual transmission) with air brake and “N” endorsement or must get within 6 months of hire.
• Two to three years of full time recent paid work experience in the maintenance and repair of roads, including the operation of construction equipment.
• Must have the ability to perform strenuous and heavy manual duties.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug test.
Deadline Note: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.