Highway Accounting Specialist
Pepin County is accepting applications for a full-time (4 days per week Monday – Thursday) Highway Accounting Specialist.
The Pepin County Highway Accounting Specialist is responsible for the application of basic principles, theories and concepts of accounting as well as applying the uniform cost accounting system applicable to Wisconsin county highway departments as developed by the State of Wisconsin. Many of the assignments are recurring in nature, but the employee is expected to exercise judgment in dealing with non-routine circumstances. Work is performed under the general direction of the Highway Commissioner and in conjunction with the County Finance Director.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Minimum of an Associate Degree in Accounting or related field or equivalent combination of experience and training, Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred
• Knowledge of the functions of CHEMS Pro System, required reporting and applications to Wisconsin Department of Transportation, or the ability to learn
• Knowledge of accounting principles, office procedures, annual budget process and monthly financial reporting
• Proficiency in personal computer use with Microsoft Office and Accounting Software
• Good written and oral communications skills, thoroughness and dependability
• Knowledge of project billing including labor, equipment and materials used is desired
Compensation and Benefits: $ 20.55/hr. -$23.49/hr. commensurate upon the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Among the many attractive benefits offered are options for health, dental, Deferred Compensation, State of Wisconsin’s retirement system, Income Continuation, Flexible Benefit Plans, Life, Disability, Accident and Critical Illness insurances.
Starting Date: April 26, 2021 (tentatively)
Applications and the current job description may be obtained: online at: www.co.pepin.wi.us or contact the Pepin County Personnel Office, 740 7th Avenue West, P.O. Box 39, Durand, WI 54736, Phone: 715-672-8704. Completed applications can be emailed to [email protected].
First review of completed applications, resumes, and cover letters returned to the above address will be April 19, 2021. This position will remain open until filled.
PEPIN COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Deadline Note: Application forms may be obtained at: www.co.pepin.wi.us or by contacting Pepin County Personnel Department at 715-672-8704.