Helpdesk and Desktop Support Specialist
This position provides a variety of technical work for the Information Technology Department including, but not limited to providing support to the end users by troubleshooting and correcting hardware, software, and network connectivity problems; installing PC’s and peripherals; and configuring other electronic devices.
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Provides “Level I” helpdesk support for all County computer and other electronic devices as needed.
• Installs, configures, and administers networked PC operating systems.
• Troubleshoots hardware problems and performs hardware installations.
• Applies updates and patches to hardware, software applications, and operating systems.
• Ensures end-point devices are protected by County standard virus and malware protection software.
• Creates end-user instructional documentation.
• Removes virus and malware from County owned computer hardware and other devices.
• Provides assistance to local and remote users across multiple sites.
• Provides imaging of desktops, laptops, and tablets to insure a standard and current operating system with the applications required.
• Member of IT on-call rotation providing after hours support.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Endpoint Specialist I
• Associates degree in Computer Science or Information Systems and three (3) years’ relevant experience providing support and training to end users in a networked environment, or performing routine repairs on computers, troubleshooting network connectivity and software problems; OR high school diploma/equivalent and five (5) years’ relevant experience providing support and training to end users in a networked environment, or performing routine repairs on computers, troubleshooting network connectivity and software problems.
• Must successfully pass FBI and criminal background check.
Posting Pay Range: $25.70-$34.59
Posting Expected Pay Range: $25.70-$28.80
Department: Information Technology