Harrison, WI – Village Manager
The Village of Harrison, WI (population 13,185) located on the scenic northeast shore of Lake Winnebago is seeking candidates who take a progressive approach to leadership and who excel in building collaborative relationships among all stakeholders for its next Village Manager. The Village of Harrison is part of the Appleton MSA and is a blend of urban and rural landscapes and has experienced considerable residential development due to its proximity to the Fox Cities of Appleton and Menasha.
High Cliff State Park, one of Wisconsin’s most beautiful and utilized parks, is located within Harrison and provides over 1,100 acres of open space which include hiking, equestrian trails, spectacular lake vistas and sunsets. The Village of Harrison offers an excellent quality of life for its residents with easy access to all regional amenities for recreation, arts, entertainment, and dining.
The Village has a general fund operating budget of $11 million with a Aa2 bond rating and 26 FTEs. Police Services are provided through Calumet County Sheriff’s Department.
• Bachelor’s Degree in political science, business administration, public administration, or related field. An MPA is preferred.
• Five (5) or more years of management experience at a senior or executive level in local government.
• Strong financial and budgeting skills; with an emphasis on development, debt financing and Tax Increment Districts.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and be capable of making effective public presentations, including extensive personal or written responses to public concerns and suggestions as well as being a good “listener.”
• A strong background in managing capital projects.
The Ideal Candidate Will Be:
• A highly collaborative leader with a communicative, team-oriented management style and the ability to adapt to the situation and be a “people” person.
• A progressive and forward-thinking manager able to identify and incorporate best practices in local government to improve and enhance service delivery and village operations.
• Able to develop, coach and mentor staff.
• Able to build and maintain strong partnerships and relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
• A strategic manager able to establish priorities and deadlines and hold individuals and oneself accountable for achieving objectives.
• Committed to customer service and passionate about community relations and engagement.
• Knowledgeable in all aspects of human resources management.
Starting salary is $110,000 to $120,000 +/- DOQ with excellent benefits.
Interested candidates should apply online by April 2, 2021 to Charlene Stevens, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA at www.GovHRjobs.com. Questions may also be directed to Charlene Stevens. The Village of Harrison is an EOE employer.