POSITION TITLE: Facilities Specialist
STATUS: Full time
HOURS PER WEEK: 40
WORK HOURS: 6:30 am – 3:00 pm
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY:
Performs custodial duties to maintain the cleanliness and orderliness of County facilities and grounds. Cleans and sanitizes restrooms, cleans offices, washes windows, cleans hard floors and carpets, decontaminates biohazards, mows and treats lawns, and removes snow. Serves as crew leader on an incidental basis. Provides basic project assistance to the Maintenance Technicians or Tradespeople.
1. Performs custodial services to County facilities consisting of general cleaning, dusting, dust mopping, cleaning windows, cleaning restroom fixtures and counters, cleaning and sanitizing biohazard-contaminated surfaces or furniture using universal precautions, and restocking restroom supplies. Ensures sufficient supplies are at each location serviced.
2. Performs hard floor and carpet care consisting of vacuuming, dust mopping, floor refinishing, carpet extracting, and upholstery cleaning. May coordinate floor care projects with the Maintenance Supervisor.
3. Performs basic grounds maintenance consisting of snow removal and lawn care, using various types of power equipment including shovels, spreaders, walk-behind snow throwers, riding snow throwers and plows, push mowers, riding lawn mowers, and line trimmers.
ADDITIONAL ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
1. Provides non-skilled assistance to Facilities Technicians and skilled trades employees in performing preventative maintenance, new installation, or repairs of building equipment, systems, or structures.
2. Performs basic maintenance on custodial equipment including cleaning, and replacement of worn parts following proper maintenance procedures.
3. Resolves problems with cleaning equipment.
4. Moves furniture and office equipment.
5. Performs light maintenance including light bulb and tube replacement, minor repairs to buildings and furniture, removal and replacement of paper product dispensers, and installing minor office equipment.
6. Communicates with coworkers and supervisors regarding emergencies, training needs, missing work, and work assignments.
7. Uses common tools, equipment, machines, cleaning products and materials normally encountered in custodial work.
8. Applies knowledge of security protocols while performing work.
9. Demonstrates appropriate behavior, attire, attitudes, and social interactions.
10. Applies quality assurance processes while performing work.
11. Completes assigned work orders timely and submits completed paperwork promptly.
12. Monitors main stockroom levels and alerts appropriate employees when supplies are needed.
13. Responds appropriately to greetings and requests by County employees and the public.
14. Participates in on-call rotation for weekend, holiday and after-hours snow removal.
15. Performs other duties as may be assigned.
1. Reports to Maintenance Supervisor.
2. Works with other Facilities employees, other County employees and the public.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, AND CERTIFICATION:
1. High School diploma equivalent.
2. A minimum of two years’ work experience performing custodial services, including experience in hard floor and carpet care.
3. International Sanitary Supply Association or International Janitorial Cleaning Services Association certification desired.
4. Valid Wisconsin Driver’s License.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of general custodial practices.
2. Knowledge of hard floor and carpet care.
3. Basic knowledge of building and equipment maintenance.
4. Strong written and verbal communication skills including listening skills.
5. Schedule flexibility and availability for callback to accommodate departmental service needs.
1. Ability to lift 50 pounds or less several times per shift.
2. Ability to work from a standing or walking position throughout the shift.
3. Ability to climb and work from a ladder.
4. Ability to perform manual labor involving frequent bending and stooping and occasional climbing.
5. Ability to push, pull, and manipulate maintenance equipment.
6. Ability to use standard office equipment including telephone, computer, printer, and photocopier, and scanner.
7. Ability to travel to other County departments and locations.
8. Ability to withstand the odor and appearance at biohazard cleanup sites.
Deadline Note: Recruitment will be ongoing