Environmental Services – PT
The purpose of the Environmental Service position is to maintain a clean and safe environment for residents and staff at the Sauk County Health Care Center.
* Qualified candidates must be fully vaccinated or present a valid exemption.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Sort, wash, dry, and return to residents their clothing on a daily basis.
• Label clothing.
• Sweep, dust, mop, and wet dust mop all areas of facility.
• Vacuum and shampoo carpets.
• Clean neighborhoods.
• Take out garbage and recyclables to outside receptacle.
• Scour toilets, sink, and bathing facilities.
• Wash windows and mirrors.
• Wash walls of facility.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
• Water plants.
• Assist in putting supplies away.
• Clean refrigerators.
• Move furniture.
• And other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to communicate verbally with Sauk County Health Care Center personnel and residents.
• Compare, count, differentiate, measure, sort, classify, compute, tabulate, and/or categorize data and/or information.
• Assemble, copy, record, and transcribe data and/or information.
• Apply functional and situational reasoning by exercising judgement, decisiveness, and creativity in every day routine and non-routine situations.
• Moderately unsafe and uncomfortable in respects to noise, temperature variations, odors, toxic agents, and dust.
Required Working Hours
Standard working hours are 6:00 am until 2:30 pm if working in the laundry and 6:30 am until 3:00 pm if working as housekeeping; both places will require rotating weekend. Please note these hours are subject to change and additional hours may be needed or required. Compensation for additional hours beyond normal working hours are subject to applicable state and federal regulations.
Education and Experience Requirements
Required: High School diploma or equivalent
At least 18 years of age
Preferred: Industrial housekeeping experience
Long-term care housekeeping experience
Any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered.