The Purpose of the Dining Assistant is to assist in food preparation, service, and clean-up from meals at the Sauk County Health Care Center.
*Candidate must be fully vaccinated or have an exemption.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Meal preparation for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Set up meal carts.
• Serve meal, snacks, and drinks for residents.
• Assist with inventory control and stocking of neighborhoods.
• Monitor temperatures of foods and equipment.
• Maintain sanitary conditions on units and mains kitchen.
• Wash dishes from all meals, including cookware as well breakroom dishes. Provide service on special events and help with meal preparation.
• Interact with resident and families.
• Accommodate resident choices.
• Clear tables and take percentage of resident intake.
• Roll silverware.
• Take menu orders.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
• Use computerized charting system (ECS) to monitor correct diets.
• And other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to Communicate:
• Descriptive data and information such as regulations, requisitions, slips, dishwasher temperature logs, menus, food preference lists, cleaning charts, admission and discharge slips for residents, diet manuals, cook books, and routine and non-routine correspondence.
• Verbally and in writing with Department personnel, residents, residents’ families, and dietary staff.
• Explain, demonstrate, and clarify to others established policies, procedures, and standards.
• Resident’s diets and allergies.
• Computer skills, such as word processing and spreadsheets.
• Adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing.
Mental ability to:
• Compare, count, differentiate, measure, sort, classify, compute, tabulate, and/or categorize data and/or information.
• Assemble, copy, record, and transcribe data and/or information.
• Analyze data and information using established criteria to define consequences and consider and select alternatives.
• Apply functional and situational reasoning by exercising judgement, decisiveness, and creativity in everyday routine and non-routine situations.
Occasionally unsafe and uncomfortable in respects to temperature variations, odors, toxic agents, noise, and disease.
Required Working Hours
Varied shifts from 6:30 am until 7:00 pm. Please note these hours are subject to change and additional hours may be needed or required. Compensation for additional hours beyond normal working hours are subject to applicable state and federal regulations.
Education and Experience Requirements
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
Any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered.