Dietary Cook – PRN at Lafayette County Manor
Lafayette Manor located in Darlington, WI is currently recruiting for Dietary Cooks to work on an on-call in basis. We offer flexible shifts which would fit your busy schedule.
Lafayette Manor is a 50 bed Medicare and Medicaid certified skilled nursing facility licensed by the state of Wisconsin. We are a county-owned facility dedicated to the care of residents of Lafayette County and the surrounding area. At Lafayette Manor we are committed to providing quality care and treating each resident with dignity and respect. Our staff meets the needs of our residents with dedication and care in an atmosphere of warmth and friendliness. We provide long-term care and short-term rehabilitation services along with respite care.
• Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Serve Safe Certification (or equivalent) and/or maintain certificate within 6 months of employment.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience handling and preparing food in large quantities.
• Fluently read and write English and follow verbal and written job duties and schedules.
• Understand units of measurement conversions used in food preparation and perform basic math equations.
• Competently follow orders as well as proceed with routine work without direct supervision.
• Competently supervise operation of the kitchen, staff, and facility policies and procedures, in the absence of the Food Service Supervisor.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide palatable meals to residents, maintain a sanitary kitchen, and maintain the smooth operation of the kitchen in the absence of the Food Service Supervisor in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and facility, regulations, codes and policies and as may be directed by the administrator.
Essential Job Functions:
• Supervision of dietary staff in the absence of the Food Service Supervisor (F.S.S.).
• Handle and prepare food in large quantities.
• Prepare food, which is palatable and appetizing in appearance, at proper temperatures.
• Understand, and be able to prepare, therapeutic diets.
• Avoid food waste, following the directives of the Food Service Supervisor.
• Meet assigned meal schedules.
• Prepare food in accordance with standardized recipes and special diet orders.
• Prepare all nourishments and supplements in accordance with recipes and forms provided by F.S.S.
• Know and perform the proper care of food service equipment.
• Work cooperatively with food service staff and other departments.
• Observe infection control procedures.
• Keep work areas clean, neat, and orderly.
• Assume the responsibility and authority in absence of F.S.S, on weekends and any other time periods as deemed necessary, following prior directives of the F.S.S. in making decisions in the best interest of the department and facility.
• Work scheduled shifts while consistently demonstrating dependability and punctuality.
• Perform all job duties according to federal and state regulations, as well as the County Personnel Handbook, union contract, facility policies and procedures, directives of the Food Service Supervisor, and facility Administrator.
• Follow menus and modification sheets in serving tray line, according to the diet tags.
• Follow the dietary cleaning schedule.
• Answer telephone and document information.
• Report all accidents and/or incidents which you are witness to regarding employees, residents, and visitors immediately to F.S.S; as well as being knowledgeable of where to find, and how to fill out, the necessary incident reports in a timely manner.
• Follow assigned job duties adhering to scheduled time frames.
• Attend all mandatory and other assigned in-services as requested by the dietary, other departments or administrator, and/or review and follow up on presented information with the F.S.S.