Assistant Finance Director
This position is responsible for assisting the Finance Director with the financial management of the County and to provide direct supervision to assigned members of the Finance Department. This includes assisting in the overall administrative oversight, visioning, leadership, planning, coordinating and management of the Finance Department for the County.
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Directs the work of and manages assigned personnel. Assist with interviewing and selection of new employees. Interview and select new employees. Coordinate team building exercises. Assign tasks, review work and prepare performance evaluations. Review and approve staff payroll. Coordinate use of time off. Recommend employee transfers, promotions, disciplinary action, and discharge.
• Provides leadership and management to all assigned staff.
• Analyzes transactions entered in accounting system and reconcile to general ledger. Prepares trial balances, fund statements, revenue and expenditure statements for County Departments.
• Performs general ledger accounting for the department and oversees departmental accounting activities and functions.
• Manages administrative functions of the County’s ERP as a co-system Administrator.
• Trains staff and other County users on financial system procedures and practices to ensure the accuracy of the data and compliance with policies.
• Reconciles and processes online banking including: ACH, wire transfers, direct deposits, state pool, bank statements.
• Prepares reports for auditors and other outside government agencies.
• Researches, recommends, develops, and implements policy and procedures for program effectiveness.
• Maintains accounting software user security, updates software menus, contacts software support to solve problems, coordinates updates. Maintains and updates file master records including chart of accounts, creation of new accounts, programs, service codes and templates. Administers software and has access to correct coding errors for other staff.
• Reviews and authorizes client insurance refunds, and payment of vouchers.
• Oversees payroll records, balances, and generates the overall County payroll processes.
• Supervises reconciliation, preparation and distribution of W-2’s and 1099’s.
• Maintains departmental benefit and employee records to record and monitor pay rates and deductions.
• Participates on County committees and work groups representing the Finance Department and providing financial input.
• Performs special financial studies as directed.
• Acts as a back-up to eh Finance Director in their absence.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
• Five (5) years’ experience in Financial Management. Government experience preferred
• Three (3) years’ previous supervisory experience
Posting Pay Range: $73,645-$99,121
Posting Expected Pay Range: $73,645-$82,508