Assistant City Engineer
The City of Fort Atkinson Engineering Dept. seeks an experienced, self-motivated individual to fill the role of Assistant City Engineer. This position reports directly to the City Engineer. The candidate should have the ability to work both individually and cooperatively in a professional manner with fellow employees, contractors, developers, and most importantly the community. The successful applicant can expect to lead or support many of the following tasks:
• Survey with Rod/Level and RTK equip.
• Mapping using CAD and GIS
• CAD Design using Civil3D
• Construction Oversight and Management
• GIS Data Collection with ESRI products
• Planning/Leading Committee Meetings
• Water, Sanitary, and Storm Infrastructure Assessment
• Stormwater, Recycling, Transit Reporting and
• RFP Solicitation and Evaluation
• Private Development Review
• Road/Parking Lot Design, Maintenance Planning
• Right of Way Permit Review
Required Skills and Experience:
• A bachelor or associate degree in civil engineering,
engineering technology or a related field is required.
Substantial experience may substitute for a degree.
• Design and construction of infrastructure projects
• Assessment of infrastructure condition and
• GPS and traditional equipment methods of survey
• ESRI based GIS applications and software
• Proficiency in Civil3D
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, particularly
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent project management skills
• Independent Worker
• Creative problem solver, independent thinker,
This is a full time salaried position. The City of Fort Atkinson offers competitive pay and excellent benefits. The starting salary range is $62,658 – $69,809, depending on qualifications. The City offers the following; pays 88% of state sponsored health insurance premiums, provides dental insurance, life insurance, participation in Wisconsin Retirement System (6.75% employee, 6.75% City), deferred compensation, flexible spending, holidays, paid vacation, and flexible work hours.
The City of Fort Atkinson is a vibrant community located on the Rock River about 45 minutes from Milwaukee or Madison. The school district is excellent, and the community supports a myriad of local arts, entertainment, food, recreation and volunteer endeavors.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Andy Selle – City Engineer at [email protected]. (920) 563-7760.