Administrative Specialist -Sheriff’s Office
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: This is an administrative position which serves as office manager for the Sheriff’s Office. Duties include both accounting and records management within the department. This position works with little supervision and organizes work flow independently.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties is not to be construed as all-inclusive and may be modified as need requires. Special duty assignments will occur.
1. Maintain State of WI Notary Public Commission and Bond
2. Process Civil Process papers including invoicing, receipting, notorizing, and maintaining ledger
3. Maintain the Sheriff’s Department Trust Fund Checking Account
4. Receive Bond Payments for Pepin County Clerk of Court and deliver to their office
5. Receive Bond Payments for other counties, deposit and write check and forward to other county
6. Prepare and submit required statistical reports to State of WI
7. Prepare Annual Report
8. Prepare vouchers for approval and payment
9. Prepare and maintain files for the department
10. Maintain confidential files for mental health and juveniles
11. Prepare internal and external correspondence
12. Maintain inventory for the department
13. Transcribe dictation of reports
14. Forward paperwork and reports to District Attorney’s Office and Clerk of Courts as needed
15. File required paperwork with the state in reference to specific traffic cases and investigations
16. Keep up to date on all laws & changes to laws pertaining to open records, civil process, etc.
17. Order equipment and supplies
18. Mail Distribution
19. Work outside of the normal business hours to notorize and prepare time-sensitive documents
20. Do grant work as requested by supervisor
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Serve as bailiff for Pepin County jury trials and secretary and take minutes for the Pepin County Traffic Safety Commission Meetings when secretary is unavailable. Attend department staff meetings as necessary. Do related work as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Thorough knowledge of office terminology, procedures and equipment and of business math and English; demonstrated skills in computer data entry and of Excel and Word software; good knowledge of accounting and the ability to transcribe dictation; ability to make independent decisions and work with little/no supervision; ability to maintain all records and prepare reports from such records; ability to get along well with others; demonstrated ability in discretion and maintaining confidentiality. Associate Degree in office management/accounting or related field or any equivalent combination of experience and training.