Administrative Assistant to the County Administrator
Support the County Administrator in preparation and management of administration projects to assist with successful implementation of programs supporting all departments and elected officials. Support public information initiatives to help provide informative timely distribution of information to employees and the public. Serve as the first impression for Administration Suite guests and visitors to promote a positive, professional experience.
This position is appointed by the County Administrator, pursuant to Wisconsin Statutes §59.18(3).
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Provide confidential administrative and management support services to the County Administrator, and others as appropriate.
• Determine County Administrator, and necessary staff calendars based on priorities of the organization, schedule appointments and coordinate meetings, and provide for meeting and travel arrangements.
• Coordinate and prepare agendas and supporting documentation for the Administration Committee and other meetings as assigned. Take meeting minutes as assigned.
• Represent the County Administrator in workgroups or committees as assigned. Responsible for project management and coordination of programs.
• Manage workers compensation insurance.
• Provide reception and perform administrative tasks for the Administration Suite.
• Participate in the County budget process. Assist with proof reading or typing of the final budget documents. Collaborates with County Administrator in preparing budget presentation material. Organize the final budget presentation to the Board of Supervisors. Assist in the coordination and distribution of the proposed and final budgets to all departments, Board of Supervisors and others as directed.
• Assist County Administrator with special projects and general local government activities including organizational, financial, and strategic initiatives.
• Serve as production assistant for video and photo shoots with Public Information Officer.
• Coordinate appointment process to various committees, commissions, and Boards of St. Croix County; Ensure County code provisions are followed.
• Assist with County Board reorganization and orientation process. Prepare and coordinate orientation material and assist County Administrator in conducting orientation.
• Coordinate the review and approval of County service contracts, assist with file management, and ensure documents are readily available as needed.
• Prepare, update and distribute a variety of reports, contracts, correspondence, policies, procedures, forms and other documentation.
• Maintain inventory of office supplies and oversee maintenance and repair of office equipment.
• Schedule and coordinate employee events and manage the finances associated with the events.
• Serve at Notary Public for the Department of Administration.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Associates degree in Administration, Office Management, or related field.
• Minimum of three (3) years previous experience working in an administrative support role.
• Experience in a government setting preferred.
• Must be a Notary or ability to obtain Notary.
Posting Pay Range: $23.31-$31.38
Posting Expected Pay Range: $23.31-$26.12