A new report issued on April 15, 2019 by Forward Analytics, Falling Behind: Migration Changes and State Workforce, reveals troubling trends for the future...(read more)
Updated 2015-2017 State Biennial Budget Summary
- Posted on February 4, 2015
Governor Scott Walker released his proposed state budget to a joint session of the Legislature on February 3, 2015. The budget is introduced as Assembly Bill 21 /Senate Bill 21.
Highlights of the Governor's $68.3 billion spending plan include:
• Expansion of the voucher and charter school programs
• Reducing funding for the UW System by 13% and maintaining a tuition freeze
• Borrowing $1.3 billion for transportation purposes
• Eliminating approximately 400 state positions
• Providing additional property tax relief by increasing the school levy tax credit by $211.2 million
• Transitioning the current property value assessment system to a county-based system
The WCA Government Affairs staff has prepared the following summary of provisions in the Governor's budget that are likely to affect counties.
Read the WCA 2015-2017 State Biennial Budget Summary Here, as Updated March 6. 2015.
WCA will continue to provide members with additional information about the budget as it becomes available. For additional questions, contact the WCA office at 866.404.2700.