On June 21, 2018, the United States Supreme Court issued a decision allowing states to require online retailers to collect sales tax regardless of whether...(read more)
Town of Waukesha, Waukesha County; Photographer: Kris Cook
- County Seat:
- Contact Info:
515 W. Moreland Blvd.
Waukesha, WI 53188
- County Info:
- Waukesha County, created in 1846 from Milwaukee County, is named for the Potawatomi word "waugooshance" which means "little foxes." Located in southeast Wisconsin, the county seat is Waukesha.
- WCA District:
- Land Area:
- 555.6 sq. miles
- 821 ft. at Waukesha; 1,235 ft. at Lapham Hill
- Number Lakes:
- Area in Lakes:
- 15,156 acres (23.68 sq. miles)
- Ashippun, Bark, Fox, Menomonee, Oconomowoc, Scuppernong
- Major Watershed:
- Rock River (West), Fox River (East)
- Geographical Province:
- Eastern Ridges and Lowlands
- East and Northwest: Sugar maple, basswood and elm. Central: A large area of oak savanna. South: A few areas of sugar maple.
- 1930: 52,358