Capitol Watch is a weekly update for members during the legislative session and features legislative news, bill drafts and co-sponsorship letters, recently...(read more)
The WCA Annual Conference. WCA board meetings. Educational seminars. These are just a few of the many events the association plans, promotes and execute every year. From scheduling speakers to securing room blocks, an important part of the operations of the association come in the form of event coordination.
WCA ANNUAL CONFERENCE
The conference is held every fall in various locations around the state and is a unique opportunity for county officials to come together and learn from one another, as well as receive updates on county issues.
- » 2016 WCA Annual Conference Manual Registration Form
- » 2016 WCA Annual Conference Tentative Agenda
- » Hotel, Parking and Restaurant Map
- » Learn more about the 2016 WCA Annual Conference
- » Register online for the 2016 WCA Annual Conference
- » Conference Hotel Room Block Info
WCA also hosts the "WCA Marketplace" in conjunction with the conference that features vendors offering services and goods to county government.
- » See our new video on the benefits of the WCA Marketplace here!
- » Learn more about the 2016 WCA Marketplace
- » Be a sponsor or exhibitor by filling out our simple online form
Each February, WCA holds its annual Legislative Exchange in Madison. The two-day meeting provides a briefing on legislative proposals affecting counties and reports by WCA legislative staff and state officials.
- WCA County Organization and Personnel Steering Committee Meeting
- February 23, 2017 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Holiday Inn & Convention Center
- 1001 Amber Avenue
- Stevens Point, WI 54481
- Phone: 715-344-0200
- For information contact:
- Kyle Christianson -- Email
The conference is held every fall in various locations around the state and is a unique opportunity for county officials to come together and learn from one another, as well as receive updates on county issues. WCA also hosts the "WCA Marketplace" in conjunction with the conference that features vendors offering services and goods to county government.
2017 Annual Conference & Marketplace
September 24-26, 2017
1305 Kalahari Dr.
Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965
Kalahari Resort & Convention Center (Map)
Exhibitor or Sponsor» Learn more about the WCA Marketplace
» Be a sponsor or exhibitor by filling out our simple online form
» See our new video on the benefits of the WCA Marketplace here!
Contact Cheryl Fleck, WCA Marketing and Events Manager at 866.404.2700 or via email.
WCA sponsors educational seminars on a regular basis to keep county officials informed on changing laws and county responsibilities in a variety of programs. Please check here for topics for upcoming seminars, as well CLE credits.
|1/25/16||County Board Organizational Meeting||4.5 hours|
|2/29/16||Just Fix It||1 hour|
|5/23/16||Contracting 101: A Legal Perspective||1 hour|
|7/25/16||Navigating Employment Regulations and Investing in Effective Personnel Practices||2 hours|
|8/22/16||Open Meetings, Public Records, and Drafting Meeting Notices: What Every County Official Should Know||2 hours|
2015 CLE Credits
|4/20/15||Emergency Management for Counties||3.5 hours|
|6/22/15||Implements of Husbandry - Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow||4.5 hours|
|7/20/15||Construction Contracts Made Easy||4.5 hours|
|8/17/15||Broadband Development and the Role of County Government||4.5 hours|
|10/19/15||Sustainability Success Stories||1 hour|
|11/16/15||Fraud Risk, Awareness, Prevention, Management and Response||4.5 hours|
|12/14/15||Evaluating Your County Departments||1 hour|
For a complete listing of CLE credits approved by the Supreme Court of Wisconsin's Board of Bar Examiners click here.
2017 WCA Webinars
- nEXT Generation Update, Recommendations, and Feedback (2/13/2017)
- UW Colleges and UW-Extension Chancellor Cathy Sandeen and Director of Cooperative Extension Karl Martin will walk through the first in a series of recommendations regarding the nEXT Generation Update.
Listen to the 02.13.17 webinar here.