Capitol Watch is a weekly update for members during the legislative session and features legislative news, bill drafts and co-sponsorship letters, recently...(read more)
The WCA Annual Conference. WCA board meetings. Educational seminars. These are just a few of the many events the association plans, promotes and execute every year. From scheduling speakers to securing room blocks, an important part of the operations of the association come in the form of event coordination.
WCA ANNUAL CONFERENCE
The conference is held every fall in various locations around the state and is a unique opportunity for county officials to come together and learn from one another, as well as receive updates on county issues.
- » 2017 WCA Annual Conference Tentative Agenda
- » Hotel Map
- » Register online for the 2017 WCA Annual Conference
- » Conference Hotel Room Block Info
WCA also hosts the "WCA Marketplace" in conjunction with the conference that features vendors offering services and goods to county government.
- » See our new video on the benefits of the WCA Marketplace here!
- » Learn more about the 2017 WCA Marketplace
- » Be a sponsor or exhibitor by filling out our simple online form
Each February, WCA holds its annual Legislative Exchange in Madison. The two-day meeting provides a briefing on legislative proposals affecting counties and reports by WCA legislative staff and state officials.
- WCA County Organization and Personnel Steering Committee Meeting
- March 22, 2018 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Holiday Inn & Convention Center
- 1001 Amber Avenue
- Stevens Point, WI 54481
- Phone: 715-344-0200
- For information contact:
- Marcie Rainbolt -- Email
WCA Legislative Exchange
Madison Concourse Hotel (Map)
1 West Dayton Street
Madison, WI 53703
The two-day meeting provides a briefing on legislative proposals affecting counties and reports by WCA legislative staff and state officials.
Hotel Parking Under Construction - See Details For Parking:
During your stay, the hotel's garage is undergoing construction which requires that they close the hotel parking garage entirely.
Overnight hotel guests can pull up in front of the hotel upon arrival to unload their luggage and check-in first. A city garage is located a half block from the hotel on the corner of Dayton Street and Carroll Street.
Overnight guests should inform the front desk staff that they are parking in the city garage. The hotel will provide them with a parking pass to exit the parking garage.
Valet parking is available. Please pull up in front of the hotel and a member of their bell or front desk staff can assist you.
The hotel will maintain the rate of $10/night, and the hotel will cover the difference in cost for parking at the city garage.
Day-only guests that are coming to the hotel and not staying overnight will need to pay for the parking ramp charges on their own at the public parking ramp. Here is a link showing the hourly rates for the ramp: http://www.cityofmadison.com/parkingutility/garageslots/facilities/statestcapitol.cfm
The conference is held every fall in various locations around the state and is a unique opportunity for county officials to come together and learn from one another, as well as receive updates on county issues. WCA also hosts the "WCA Marketplace" in conjunction with the conference that features vendors offering services and goods to county government.
2018 Annual Conference & Marketplace
September 23-25, 2018
300 Harborview Plaza
La Crosse, WI 54601
La Crosse Center (Map)
Exhibitor or Sponsor» Learn more about the WCA Marketplace
» Be a sponsor or exhibitor by filling out our simple online form
» See our new video on the benefits of the WCA Marketplace here!
Contact Cheryl Fleck, WCA Marketing and Events Manager at 866.404.2700 or via email.
WCA sponsors educational seminars on a regular basis to keep county officials informed on changing laws and county responsibilities in a variety of programs. Please check here for topics for upcoming seminars, as well CLE credits.
|8/28/17||Navigating Issues Related to Public Safety Bargaining, Discipline, Investigating Officer Involved Deaths and Recent Legal Decisions Impacting Law Enforcement||4.5 hours|
2016 CLE Credits
|1/25/16||County Board Organizational Meeting||4.5 hours|
|2/29/16||Just Fix It||1 hour|
|5/23/16||Contracting 101: A Legal Perspective||1 hour|
|7/25/16||Navigating Employment Regulations and Investing in Effective Personnel Practices||2 hours|
|8/22/16||Open Meetings, Public Records, and Drafting Meeting Notices: What Every County Official Should Know||2 hours|
2015 CLE Credits
|4/20/15||Emergency Management for Counties||3.5 hours|
|6/22/15||Implements of Husbandry - Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow||4.5 hours|
|7/20/15||Construction Contracts Made Easy||4.5 hours|
|8/17/15||Broadband Development and the Role of County Government||4.5 hours|
|10/19/15||Sustainability Success Stories||1 hour|
|11/16/15||Fraud Risk, Awareness, Prevention, Management and Response||4.5 hours|
|12/14/15||Evaluating Your County Departments||1 hour|
For a complete listing of CLE credits approved by the Supreme Court of Wisconsin's Board of Bar Examiners click here.
2017 WCA Annual Conference
- 2020 Census Local Update of Census Addresses Operation (LUCA) Information Guide (9/26/2017)
- Census: Accurate Geography Is the Starting Point for Accurate Data (9/26/2017)
- Badger State Sheriff's Association: Resources Assisting the Office of Sheriff (9/26/2017)
- Local Update of Census Addresses (LUCA) Program (9/26/2017)
- Sauk County Medication Assisted Treatment & Recovery Support (9/26/2017)
- Roles and Responsibilities of County Board Members (9/26/2017)
- Making Sauk: A Place Plan (9/26/2017)
- Community Placemaking (9/26/2017)
- Budgeting 101 (9/26/2017)
- The 2020 Census Local Update of Census Addresses Operation (LUCA) (9/26/2017)
- Countywide Strategic Planning (9/25/2017)
- Litigation: Combatting the Opioid Epidemic (9/25/2017)
- Wisconsin Open Meetings Law (9/25/2017)
- Protecting County Government from Fraud (9/25/2017)
- Wisconsin's Drug Crisis and Its Impact on Counties (9/25/2017)
- Maintaining an Effective Local Criminal Justice Coordinating Council (CJCC) (9/25/2017)
- PACE Wisconsin Overview (9/25/2017)
- Understanding Ag Impacts and Strategies in Karst Areas of Wisconsin (9/25/2017)
- Wisconsin Water: Impacts of Land-Use on Groundwater (9/25/2017)
- Sample Media Release for Attendees (9/24/2017)