Join us at the 2018 WCA Annual Conference, September 23-25, 2018 in La Crosse County at the La Crosse Center and Radisson Hotel La Crosse. View all event...(read more)
2018 WCA Annual Conference Kicks Off September 23!
- Posted on September 20, 2018
Gubernatorial and Senate Candidates Highlight Monday's Opening General Assembly
Join us at the 2018 WCA Annual Conference, September 23-25, 2018 in La Crosse County at the La Crosse Center and Radisson Hotel La Crosse.
Highlights of the event include:
Sunday, September 23, 2018 WCA Annual Business Meeting
The WCA Annual Business Meeting will be held Sunday, when county board chairs or their designees will discuss 59 resolutions that will come before the body. Resolutions that are acted upon and passed at the meeting are placed in the WCA Platform, the foundation of the association's legislative efforts.
Monday, September 24, 2018: Opening General Assembly
On Monday, September 24, from 10:00 a.m.-Noon in the La Crosse Center, South Hall A, Lower Level, the WCA Opening General Assembly will occur.
The agenda includes:
Welcome to La Crosse County:
• Lance Pliml, Chair, WCA Board of Directors
• Tara Johnson, County Board Chair, La Crosse County
• Ron Kind, U.S. Representative, Wisconsin 3rd Congressional District
Featured Speakers/Agenda Items:
• Scott Walker, Governor, Gubernatorial Candidate
• Greg Cox, President, National Association of Counties (NACo)
• Opioid Litigation Update: Andrew Phillips, Attorney, von Briesen & Roper, S.C.
• WCA Annual Conference Video
• Discover Wisconsin 2019 Calendar Photo Contest Winners
• Friend In and Friend Of County Government Awards
• Recognition of Platinum Sponsors
• Mark D. O'Connell, Executive Director, Wisconsin Counties Association
• Tony Evers, State Superintendent of Schools, Gubernatorial Candidate
• Tammy Baldwin, Senator, U.S. Senate Candidate
• Leah Vukmir, U.S. Senate Candidate
Tuesday, September 25, 2018: Closing General Assembly
On Tuesday, September 25, from 11:30 a.m.-12:45 p.m. at La Crosse Center, South Hall A, Lower Level, WCA will hold their Closing General Assembly.
• Doug Looney, National Program Director-North, U.S. Communities
• Bill Stainton, Leadership & Strategic Creativity Speaker "The 5 Best Decisions the Beatles Ever Made...and Why You Should Make Them Too!" (Note: Media will not be allowed to record Mr. Stainton.)
The conference is held every fall in various locations around the state and is a unique opportunity for county officials to come together and learn from one another, as well as receive updates on county issues. WCA also hosts the "WCA Marketplace" in conjunction with the conference that features vendors offering services and goods to county government.
For questions about the event, contact WCA Marketing and Events Manager Cheryl Fleck at 866.404.2700.